Wednesday 18 January 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark D Messier in Edmonton and Bobby Hansen.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
101 Dalmatians, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adieu, Prinzessin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1961 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Mark D Messier in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL Center (Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers).
- Bobby Hansen: American basketball player.
- Mark Messier: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Peter Beardsley: English footballer and manager.
- Bob Hansen: American basketball player and sportscaster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Ray Peterson - Corinna, Corinna
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?