Saturday 18 January 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1964 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Enrico Lo Verso: Italian film actor, who studied acting at Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia and INDA (Istituto Nazionale del Dramma Antico).
- Jenny Holliday: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Brady Anderson: American baseball player, a left-handed outfielder who played for the Boston Red Sox (1988), Baltimore Orioles (1988–2001), and Cleveland Indians (2002).
- Brady Anderson in Silver Spring: Maryland, USA; outfielder (Baltimore Orioles).
- Richard Dunwoody: Irish jockey and sportscaster.
- Jane Horrocks: English actress and singer
- Andrea Leand: American tennis player
- Enrico Verso: Italian actor
- Paul Marceau: American Project Manager at Edgewater Technology in Wakefield, MA. On the morning of 12/26/2000 at about 11:00 AM, a mentally unstable software tester at the institute, Michael McDermott, went berserk, shooting and killed seven people, including Marceau.
- Beatles 1st appear on Billboard Chart (I Want to Hold Your Hand-#35)
- Plans for the World Trade Center announced (New York City, New York, USA).
- Plans to build the New York World Trade Center are announced.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1964 and get them!