Tuesday 18 January 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1966 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Alexander Khalifman: Russian chess player and author.
- Kazufumi Miyazawa: Japanese singer (The Boom).
- André Ribeiro: Brazilian race car driver.
- Andre Ribeiro: Brazilian racing driver.
- David Sirebrenik: Chilean/American painter, businessman, and tarot reader.
- Robert C Weaver, confirmed as 1st black cabinet member (HUD)
- Kathleen Norris, American writer (Born 1880)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- The Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have To Be So Nice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?