Saturday 18 January 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1969 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Raphaëlle Monod: French alpine skier (freestyle), she won a silver medal at the 1988 Olympics (Calgary) and a gold medal at the 1989 world Championship in Germany.
- Dave Bautista: American wrestler mixed martial artist and actor.
- John Eder: American activist and politician.
- Jim O'Rourke: American guitarist and producer (Sonic Youth Loose Fur and Gastr del Sol).
- Larry Webster: defensive tackle (Baltimore Ravens).
- Marvin Pope: Canadian Football League defensive end (Calgary Stampeders).
- Jesse L Martin: American actor and singer
- Dave Batista: Wrestler
- Jesse Martin: TV Actor
- Hans Freyer: German sociologist and philosopher (d. 1969).
- Expanded 4 party Vietnam peace talks began in Paris
- Expanded four-party Vietnam peace talks begin in Paris, France.
- United Airlines Flight 266 crashes into Santa Monica Bay killing all 32 passengers and six crew members.
- In Washington, D.C., the Smithsonian displays the art of Winslow Homer for 6 weeks.
- Richard Milhous Nixon succeeds Lyndon Baines Johnson as the 37th President of the United States of America. thumb|37th President Richard M. Nixon
- After 147 years, the last issue of ''The Saturday Evening Post'' is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?