Wednesday 18 January 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Two Hearts by Phil Collins.
In UK Especially For You by Kylie & Jason was in the top 5 hits.
Sex, Lies, and Videotape, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Sands Of Time by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1989!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1989 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:18 January
- Bruce Chatwin: British writer and traveler who won international acclaim for books which were based on his nomadic lifestyle.
- Candace Thomas marries Steve Garvey
- IBM announces earnings up 10.4% in 1988
- Otis Redding, Dion, Rolling Stones, Temptations, and Stevie Wonder inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- West Indies beat Australia 2-1 to win the World Series Cup.
- Astronomers discover pulsar in remnants of Supernova 1987A (LMC).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Two Hearts
- Taylor Dayne - Don't Rush Me
- Def Leppard - Armageddon It
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- White Lion - When The Children Cry
- Annie Lennox - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?