Saturday 18 July 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fight for Freedom, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1908 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Lupe Velez: Mexican-American actress who, as a spitfire star of the '30s and '40s, was noted for her emotional and fiery temperament.
- Mildred Lisette Norman: American peace activist, earned the moniker Peace Pilgrim (d. 1981).
- Peace Pilgrim: American pacifist and activist (Born 1908).
- Lupe Vélez: Mexican-American actress and dancer (d. 1944).
- Jaime Nuno: Composer, dies at 83.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Madama Butterfly - Finale Act I: O Quantiocchi Fisi (O Kindly Heavens) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?