Saturday 18 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1914 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Jan Toonder: Dutch astrologer, writer and poet.
- Herbert Collum: Composer.
- John G Bearer: Writer (Metro, Drunken Canary, Fast Heartbeat).
- Jozef MLT Cals: Dutch Premier (KVP, Mammoth Law).
- Mack Robinson: United States -- 200m dash (1932 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Oscar Heisserer: Italy sport Champion
- Gino Bartali: Italian cyclist, nicknamed "Gino the Pious" because of his strong religious faith. Hard-riding, he once caused a three-bicycle crash with two other cyclists who were trying to crowd him. By doing so, Bartali warned all other competitors not to interfere with him.
- Joseph Cals: Dutch politician. He served as Prime Minister of the Netherlands from April 14, 1965 until November 22, 1966. He died on 30 December 1971.
- US army air service first comes into being, in the Signal Corps.
- The U.S. Congress forms the Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps, giving definite status to aircraft within the U.S. Army for the first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?