Tuesday 18 July 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Auger in London and Dion DiMucci in the Bronx.
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1939 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Brian Auger in London: England; fusion keyboardist (Befour, Genesis).
- Dion DiMucci in the Bronx: New York, USA; rocker (Dion and the Belmonts - "Teenager in Love").
- Edward Gramlich: American economics professor (d. 2007).
- Brian Auger: English keyboard player (Brian Auger and the Trinity CAB and The Steampacket).
- Dion DiMucci: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dion and the Belmonts).
- Jerry Moore: American football player and coach
- Witold Maliszewski: Composer, dies at 65.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?