Tuesday 18 July 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1944!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1944 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- David Hemery: English hurdler and author.
- Jonelle Allen in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Bessie - Palmerstown USA, Berringers).
- George A Hartland: English MP (Norwich 1931-35), dies at 60.
- 7:45 Operation-Goodwood: British assault east of Caen
- Allies air raid railways at Vaires Paris
- Arne Andersson runs world record 1 mile (4:01.6)
- British air raid on German convoy SW of Helgoland
- Polish troops under General Anders occupy Ancona Italy
- World War II: Hideki Tojo resigns as Prime Minister of Japan due to numerous setbacks in the war effort.
- American forces push back the Germans in St. Lo, capturing the city.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Walk Alone - Martha Tilton
- Amor - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- Louise - Russ Morgan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?