Wednesday 18 July 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Alan Lietzke and Margo Martindale.
Show Boat, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1951 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Bruce Alan Lietzke: Kansas City, Kansas -- PGA golfer (1978 Canadian Open).
- Margo Martindale: American actress.
- Elio Di Rupo: Belgian chemist academic and politician 68th Prime Minister of Belgium.
- Uruguay accepts its constitution.
- Jersey Joe Walcott knocks out Ezzard Charles in five rounds for heavyweight belt. At age 37 Walcott is the oldest boxer to win the title.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?