Sunday 18 July 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1954 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Billy Norwich: American writer, a widely syndicated gossip columnist.
- Robert Cameron: CFL punter (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Ricky Skaggs: American Country-Western singer whose roots and sound are pure bluegrass, western swing and traditional country, with vocals that are mountain-flavored.
- Tobias Picker: Composer.
- Peter Crane: English-American botanist and academic.
- Machine Gun Kelly: American gangster (Born 1895).
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Inverness Four-Ball Golf Tournament
- Cards losing 8-1 to Phillies begin stalling in 5th, they forfeit game
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?