Thursday 18 July 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grant Bowler and Alex Désert.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Grazing In The Grass by Hugh Masekela.
In UK Baby Come Back by The Equals was in the top 5 hits.
Senso, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1968 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Grant Bowler: New Zealand-Australian actor.
- Alex Désert: American actor and singer (Hepcat).
- Scott Gourley: Australian rugby player.
- Corneille Heymans: Belgian physiologist, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1892).
- Intel incorporates.
- The Intel Corporation is founded in Santa Clara, California.
- The semiconductor company Intel is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cowsills - Indian Lake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?