Friday 18 July 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
Spirits of the Dead, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1969 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Masanori Murakawa: Japanese professional wrestler.
- La Grande Sophie : French pop singer.
- Elizabeth Gilbert: American author.
- The Great Sasuke: Japanese wrestler and politician.
- Barbara Pepper: Actress (Doris Ziffel-Green Acres), dies at 57.
- Joe Namath agrees to sell interest in Bachelors 3, to stay in NFL
- Mary Jo Kopechne and Senator Ted Kennedy plunge off Chappaquiddick bridge.
- Gloria Diaz wins the Miss Universe Pageant, with the Philippines receiving its first title.
- John Fairfax lands in Hollywood Beach, Florida near Miami and becomes the first person to row across an ocean solo, after 180 days spent at sea on board 25' ocean rowboat 'Britannia' (left Gran Canaria on January 20, 1969).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- The Beatles - The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?