Sunday 18 July 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
The Devils, directed by Ken Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1971 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Sarah McLeod: New Zealand actress.
- Sukhwinder Singh: Indian singer-songwriter and actor.
- Kader Chékhémani: French middle distance runner (1500 m) who competed in the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- Penny Hardaway: American basketball player, he became a professional player in 1993 when he joined the Orlando Magic.
- Kristi Coats: LPGA golfer (1995 Ping / Welch-66th).
- Eddy Merckx wins his 3rd Tour de France
- The Trucial States are formed in the Persian Gulf.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Carly Simon - That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?