Tuesday 18 July 1978
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa Theuriau and Veronica Romeo.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Canyon Bomber or Sky Diver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1978!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1978 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Melissa Theuriau: French newscaster.
- Veronica Romeo: Spanish singer.
- Mélissa Theuriau: French journalist and news anchor.
- Adabel Guerrero: Argentinian actress singer and dancer.
- Shane Horgan: Irish rugby player and sportscaster.
- Annie Mac: Irish radio and television host
- Joo Sang-wook: South Korean actor
- Ben Sheets: American baseball player and coach
- Egyptian and Israeli officials begin two days of talks.
- Billy Martin suspends Reggie Jackson for not bunting.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 July 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?