Sunday 18 July 1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Weak by SWV.
In UK Dreams by Gabrielle was in the top 5 hits.
Hocus Pocus, directed by Kenny Ortega, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1993!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1993 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Johnny Costa: Jazz pianist (Mr Rogers), dies at 74.
- Lee Taemin: South Korean singer, dancer and actor (SHINee).
- Sergei Y Vozovikov: Russian major / Cosmonaut, dies in accident at 35.
- Vladimir Pavlovich Barmin: Chief designer of Soviet launch pads.
- John Beck: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Mark-Dallas, Flamingo Road, Santa Barbara).
- Jean Negulesco: Director (3 Coins in a Fountain), dies at 93.
- Robert Davis: Dies of emphysema at 76.
- 122nd British Golf Open: Greg Norman shoots a 267 at Royal St. George
- Afghanistan President Ishaq Khan and Premier Nawaz Sharif resign
- Graeme Obree bicycles world record time
- Hiromi Kobayash wins LPGA JAL Big Apple Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes
- UB40 - Can't Help Falling In Love
- SWV - Weak
- Tag Team - Whoomp! There It Is
- H-Town - Knockin' Da Boots
- The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Rod Stewart - Have I Told You Lately (Live)
- Robin S - Show Me Love
- Expose - I'll Never Get Over You (Getting Over Me)
- Dre Day - Dr. Dre
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?