Thursday 18 July 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sydney Wade .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hot In Herre by Nelly.
In UK The Logical Song by Scooter was in the top 5 hits.
Austin Powers in Goldmember, directed by Jay Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madness Combat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bikini Karate Babes or TD Overdrive: The Brotherhood of Speed.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 2002!
Which were the important events of 18 July 2002 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Victor Emery: British theoretical physicist (Born 1933).
- Patents: Forgent Networks asserts that it owns and will enforce patent rights on the widely used JPEG image compression standard which is used widely on the World Wide Web. The announcement creates a furore remisicent of Unisys' attempts to assert its rights over the GIF image compression standard.
- Muslim missile engineer Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam is elected president of India, to be sworn into office July 25.
- This morning, Spain launches Operation Romeo-Sierra, a military attempt to take over the Perejil Island. The operation is successful.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?