Thursday 18 June 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria E Vieira da Silva and Jean Claessens.
Los carreros, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1908 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Maria E Vieira da Silva: Portuguese painter (Infinite Passage).
- Jean Claessens: Belgium sport Champion.
- Bud Collyer: TV emcee (Beat the Clock, To Tell the Truth), dies at age 61.
- Stanley Knowles: American-Canadian academic and politician (d. 1997).
- Nedra Volz: American actress (Born 1908).
- Japanese immigration to Brazil begins when 781 people arrive in Santos aboard the ship Kasato-Maru.
- The University of the Philippines is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- She's the Fairest Little Flower Old Dixie Ever Grew - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?