Monday 18 June 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Human Wreckage, directed by John Griffith Wray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1923 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Peter Read: New Zealand astronomer, famed in the ‘60s and ‘70s for fronting "The Night Sky", the longest running television show in New Zealand.
- Jean Delumeau: French historian, specializing in Catholic church history and author of several books on the subject.
- Herman Krebbers: Dutch violist / concert master.
- Checker Taxi puts its first taxi on the streets.
- Mount Etna erupts in Italy, making 60,000 homeless.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?