Thursday 18 June 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dream Wife, directed by Sidney Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1953 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Raimo Aas: Estonian radio host.
- Derek Deane: English dancer and choreographer.
- Peter Donohoe: English pianist and educator.
- Vladislav Terzyul: Ukrainian mountaineer (Born 1953).
- Jerome Smith: US guitarist (KC & the Sunshine Band-Boogie Shoes).
- Eugene Stephens is 1st to get 3 hits and Red Sox score 17 runs in 1 Inning (7th) Red Sox beat Detroit 23-3
- USAF C124 Globemaster crashes near Tokyo killing 129 servicemen
- US Air Force C124 Globemaster crashes near Tokyo, Japan, killing 129 servicemen.
- Egypt proclaimed a republic, General Neguib becomes president.
- The Republic of Egypt is declared and the monarchy is abolished.
- Egypt declares itself a republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?