Tuesday 18 June 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Angel Lotina and Ralph Brown.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Curse of Frankenstein, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Sanders Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1957 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Miguel Angel Lotina: Spanish football manager.
- Ralph Brown: English actor.
- Ray Cochrane: Irish jockey and agent.
- Andrea Evans: Actress (Young and the Restless, Tina-One Life to Live).
- Miguel Lotina: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Richard Powers: American author and academic
- John Diefenbacker (Conservative) takes office as Prime Minister of Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?