Monday 18 June 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Ride the High Country, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1962 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Jeff Mills: American DJ and producer (Underground Resistance).
- Mitsuharu Misawa: Japanese professional wrestler (d. 2009).
- Lisa Randall: American physicist and academic.
- Jan[ice] Merrill: Track star (US record long distance holder 1979).
- Volkmar Andreae: Swiss conductor / Composer (Bruckner), dies at 82.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- Johnny Crawford - Cindy's Birthday
- That's Old Fashioned (That's The Way Love Should Be) - The Everly Brothers
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?