Tuesday 18 June 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
8½, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1963 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Christian Vadim: French noted family, the son of Roger Vadim and Catherine Deneuve.
- Dizzy Reed: American keyboard player songwriter and actor (Guns N' Roses and Johnny Crash).
- Bruce Smith: American athlete, pro football, plays defensive end.
- Joe Walter: NFL tackle (Cin Bengals).
- Omar Londono: Jockey.
- Serge Lazarevic: French-Serbian entreprenaur, he had the project to build a cement works in Mali. This giant was kidnapped in November 2011 with his unhealthy colleague Philippe Verdon who was executed in 2013.
- Pedro Armendariz: Mexican actor (Born 1912).
- 3,000 blacks boycott Boston public school
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?