Wednesday 18 June 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fernando Valenzula and Jay Leeuwenburg.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1969 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Fernando Valenzula: Jockey.
- Jay Leeuwenburg: NFL guard / center (Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts).
- Laura Brown: LPGA golfer.
- Pal Pot Pamparius: Norwegian guitarist and keyboardist (Turbonegro).
- Anne Nivat: French journalist and war correspondent who has covered conflicts in Chechnya, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
- Haki Doku: Albanian cyclist
- Christopher Largen: American journalist and author
- Vito LoGrasso: American professional wrestler
- June 22 ampndash The National Convention of the Students for a Democratic Society, held in Chicago, collapses, and the Weatherman faction seizes control of the SDS National Office. Thereafter, any activity run from the National Office or bearing the name of SDS is Weatherman-controlled.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?