Sunday 18 June 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Ben, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1972 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Otakar Vejvoda: Kladno, Czechoslovakia -- Hockey forward (Team Czech Rep).
- Anu Tali: Estonian pianist and conductor.
- Wikus Toit: South African actor director and composer.
- Michal Yannai: Israeli actress and model.
- 72nd US Golf Open: Jack Nicklaus shoots a 290 at Pebble Beach, California
- West Germany wins soccer world championship
- BEA Trident crashes after takeoff from Heathrow airport in England, killing 118.
- Staines air disaster : 118 are killed when a plane crashes two minutes after take off from London Heathrow Airport.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?