Monday 18 June 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Ratatouille, directed by Brad Bird, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 June 2007 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Henry Moder: American child of noted parents, the son of actress Julia Roberts and actor Daniel Moder.
- Millie Davis: TV Actress.
- Romy Hucknall: English member of noted family, her dad is musician Mick Hucknall, singer of the band 'Simply Red.
- Nine Charleston, South Carolina firefighters are killed by a roof collapse while battling a furniture store fire.
- The Comcast Center officially becomes the tallest building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania after a topping out ceremony.
- Nine firefighters are killed in a collapse at a furniture warehouse blaze in Charleston, South Carolina, the largest loss of firefighters in the United States in one incident since the collapse of the World Trade Center in 2001.
- The President of Turkey, Ahmet Necdet Sezer, vetoes a bill bringing forward a referendum of the direct election of the president. (BBC)
- Floods kill four people in north Texas. (AP via ''The New York Times'')
- The European Union and United States restore foreign aid to the Palestinian Authority. (AP via Time)
- Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar issues an ultimatum to the Palestinian Army of Islam to free kidnapped BBC journalist Alan Johnston or face military action. (BBC)
- A global internet pedophilia ring with over 700 suspects worldwide is smashed by UK police 31 children are rescued. (Sky)
- Two former Croatian generals, Mirko Norac and Rahim Ademi, go on trial in Zagreb, charged for alleged atrocities against Serb civilians in 1993. (AP via IHT)
- As many as 36 people are killed south of Baghdad in fighting between Shiite militiamen and British forces doing door-to-door searches. (AP via San Jose Mercury News)
- New negotiations begin between Morocco and the Polisario. (Herald Sun via Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?