Monday 18 June 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Magic Mike, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma or Dragon Quest X.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 18 June 2012 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 June
- Arab Spring:
- 2011–2012 Yemeni revolution: Yemeni Army commander General Salem Ali Qatan is killed in a suicide attack in the port city of Aden by a man wearing an explosives belt. (Al Jazeera)
- Political uncertainty continues in Egypt. (Al Jazeera)
- At least two people are killed in an attack on the border between Israel and Egypt. (BBC)
- A suicide attack kills at least fifteen people and wounds forty people at a Shia funeral in Baquba, north of Baghdad. (BBC)
- A bomb explodes near a university bus in the Pakistani city of Quetta killing at least two students and injuring more than 35 others. (AFP via ''Herald-Sun'')
- Three men in Afghan police uniform kill a NATO soldier in eastern Afghanistan. (BBC)
- It is disclosed that Jack Osbourne has the incurable neurological condition multiple sclerosis (MS). (BBC)
- The music world expresses shock at the news of Scott Johnson's death ahead of a Radiohead concert in Canada. (BBC)
- Australian newspaper publisher Fairfax Media announces restructuring plans which will lead to a cut of 1900 jobs. (''The Australian'')
- The largest stockholder of the London-based telecommunications firm Vodafone, institutional investor Orbis, ends its opposition to a planned acquisition by Vodafone of Cable Wireless Worldwide the deal now seems certain to go through. (Reuters)
- A new round of talks on nuclear power between Iran and six world powers opens in Moscow. (BBC)
- Aung San Suu Kyi is due in Ireland. (RTE)
- 2012 G-20 Mexico summit:
- United States President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin discuss the uprising in Syria, Iran, and trade at the summit. (CNN)
- Rwanda's ampquotgacaca courtsampquot, set up to try those responsible for playing a role in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, finish their work. (UPI)
- Former American Major League Baseball player Roger Clemens is acquitted on all charges in a perjury trial. (CBS News)
- Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz is nominated as heir apparent of Saudi Arabia. (BBC)
- Blue Gene/Q becomes the world's fastest supercomputer. (TOP500)
- UEFA fines and bans Nicklas Bendtner of Denmark for one game after showing boxer shorts with a brand name on it against Portugal. Bendtner says: ampquotI didn't know I was breaking any rulesampquot. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?