Monday 18 March 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Benton and Georges Bellec.
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1918 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Al Benton: American baseball player (d. 1968).
- Georges Bellec: Founded vocalist and humoristic band "Les frères Jacques" with his brother André.
- François Dalle: French company executive, who served as CEO of L'Oréal between 1957 and 1984.
- Lynn Northrup: American pioneer of the commercialization of solar thermal energy in the United States.
- Frere Jacques: France Actor.
- Bob Broeg: American sportswriter (Born 1918)
- Socialist Youth AJC organizes in Amsterdam.
- Soccer team SON OF Meerssen forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Liberty Loan March - Sousa's Band
- The Rainbow of Love - John McCormack
- Shannon Four - Hail! Hail! The Gangs All Here
- When Yankee Doodle Learns to Parlez Vous Francais - Arthur Fields
- My Sunshine Jane - Sterling Trio
- The Darktown Strutters' Ball - Jaudas' Society Orchestra
- Smile and Show Your Dimple - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?