Saturday 18 March 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Midnight, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1939 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Michael Kirby: Australian High Court Judge, perhaps the best known in his country, a high profile human rights activist and law reformer, publicly gay since 1998.
- Ron Atkinson: English former footballer and manager.
- Yannis Markopoulos: Greek composer.
- Peter Kraus: German singer and actor, who was popular especially in the 1950s, notably in those musical comedy films where he played opposite Cornelia Froboess.
- Travis Pritchett: rocker (Travis and Bob).
- Joseph Boishu: French Catholic bishop emeritus, former auxiliary bishop of Reims, in residence at Charleville-Mezieres 2003-2012.
- Giannis Markopoulos: Greek composer
- Kenny Lynch: British entertainer
- Marja-Leena Mikkola: Finnish writer, winner of the 1967 Eino Leino Prize.
- Jean-Pierre Walez: French musician specializing in the string instruments.
- Henry Simpson Lunn: English humanitarian and religious leader (Born 1859).
- American President Franklin Roosevelt imposes punitive tariffs on imports from Germany.
- quotRomanian War Scarequot: Virgil Tilea, the Romanian Minister in London, spreads false rumours that Romania is on the verge of a German attack.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?