Saturday 18 March 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Izier and Enrico Rovelli.
The Falcon Out West, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1944 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Maurice Izier: French professional road bicycle racer.
- Enrico Rovelli: Italian comedian and musical manager of rock star Vasco Rossi.
- Jacques Secretin: French table tennis champion who won a gold in the mixed doubles event of the World Championship in 1977.
- Amnon Lipkin-Shahak: Israeli general and politician 22nd Transportation Minister of Israel (d. 2012).
- Frank McRae: American actor and an American football player.
- Dick Smith: Australian publisher and businessman founded Dick Smith Electronics and Australian Geographic
- Benjamin Delmonte: Theater director / actor, dies at 79.
- Nazi Germany occupies Hungary
- 2,500 women trample guards and floorwalkers to purchase 1,500 alarm clocks announced for sale in a Chicago, Illinois department store.
- The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy kills 26 and causes thousands to flee their homes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's Love-Love-Love - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?