Tuesday 18 March 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1947 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Steven H: Schiff; American politician (Representative-Republican-New Mexico).
- Patrick Barlow: English actor, comedian and playwright.
- Patrick Chesnais: French actor director and screenwriter.
- Roger Evans: English politician.
- David Lloyd: New Zealand biologist (Born 1938).
- Heather Ryan: American model
- B Wilson: English drummer (Procol Harum) (d. 1990)
- BJ Wilson: English drummer (d. 1990)
- Roger Kenneth Evans: English politician
- Andrew Southall: Australian painter and printmaker. He is the son of the Australian children's writer Ivan Southall. Andrew Southall lives and works in Moe, Victoria.
- Barry Wilson: England, United Kingdom -- Rock drummer (Procol Harum-Whiter Shade of Pale)
- William C Durant: American automobile pioneer (Born 1861).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora? - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?