Saturday 18 March 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1950 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Tony Jackett: American, the biological father of Ava Worthington, the toddler who was found near the body of her murdered mother, Christa Worthington on January 6, 2002.
- James Conlon: American conductor and educator.
- John Hartman: American drummer (Doobie Brothers).
- Eiji Okuda: Japanese actor and film director.
- Linda Partridge: English geneticist and academic.
- Larry Perkins: Australian race car driver
- John Hartman in Falls Church: Virginia, USA; rock drummer (Doobie Brothers - "Taking it to the Streets").
- James Conlon in New York City: New York, USA; conductor (Cincinnati May Festival-1979).
- Brad Dourif: Movie Actor
- Brad Dourif in Huntington: West Virginia, USA; actor (Ragtime, Eyes of Laura Mars, Fatal Beauty).
- Rod Milburn: American athlete (d. 1997)
- Touch & Go closes at Broadhurst Theater NYC after 176 performances
- CCNY beats Bradley 69-61 for the NIT championship
- The Belgian government collapses as a referendum votes in favour of the return from exile of King Léopold III.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 March 1950 and get them!