Wednesday 18 March 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Al Capone, directed by Richard Wilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1959 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Irene Cara in Bronx: New York City, New York, USA; actress/singer (Fame, DC Cab, Certain Fury).
- Luc Besson: French director of "The Big Blue," the story of Jacques Mayol, a champion skin-diver nicknamed the "human dolphin.
- Irene Cara: American entertainer, an accomplished singer, actress and composer with an 18-year career by age 25.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law allowing for Hawaiian statehood, which would become official on August 21.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?