Friday 18 March 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claudia Udy in Albuquerque and Patricia Farinelli.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1960 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Claudia Udy in Albuquerque: New Mexico, USA; actress (Out of Control, Nightforce).
- Patricia Farinelli: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (December, 1981).
- Richard Biggs in Columbus: Ohio, USA; actor (Marcus - Days of Our Lives).
- Guy Carbonneau in Sept-Iles: QuTbec, Canada; NHL center (Dallas Stars).
- Marc Klein Essink: Dutch actor and television presentor.
- Fiorella Pierobon: Italian TV announcer for Channel 5.
- Richard Biggs: American actor (d. 2004)
- Guy Carbonneau: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- James MacPherson: Scottish actor
- James Plaskett: British professional chess player
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?