Saturday 18 March 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lily Collins and TJ Davidson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing David Wolf: Secret Agent or E-Type.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1989 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Lily Collins: Movie Actress.
- TJ Davidson: YouTube Star.
- Steve Patrick: Drummer.
- Francesco Checcucci: Italian footballer.
- Shreevats Goswami: Indian cricketer.
- Kana Nishino: Japanese singer-songwriter
- Paul Rousseau: Canadian guitarist and producer (Silverstein)
- Largest Art robbery in the history (Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston), where 12 paintings valued at $100 million are stolen
- Dino Ciccarelli sets Washington Capitals' record of 7 points in a game.
- In Egypt, a 4,400-year-old mummy is found nearby the Pyramid of Cheops.
- 27th space shuttle mission, STS-29 (Discovery 8), returns to Earth.
- California Quake amusement ride opens at Universal Studios.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?