Sunday 18 March 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims.
In UK Shine by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Hot Fuzz, directed by Edgar Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Philippine Agenda.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Backyard Hockey or Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 March 2007 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 March
- A gas explosion in a coal mine in Shanxi province in northern China traps 21 miners. (Radio Australia)
- Cesare Battisti, convicted ''in absentia'' of two murders in Italy in the 1970s and who later became a crime writer in France, is arrested in Brazil. (Fox News)
- War in Iraq: Explosions in Baghdad kill eleven people. (CNN)
- Two cargo ships collide in the East China Sea. 23 crew members are missing. (AP via CNN)
- Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan cricket coach, dies in a Kingston, Jamaica hospital following his team's shock loss to Ireland and consequent early elimination from the 2007 Cricket World Cup. (BBC)
- Finnish parliamentary election: Voters go to the polls, with the centre-left governing coalition between the Centre Party and the Social Democratic Party continuing for another term under the leadership of Matti Vanhanen. The National Coalition Party had a strong result finishing with one seat less than the Centre Party. (Daily Telegraph Australia)
- More than 200,000 Sydneysiders walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge to mark the 75th anniversary of the icon's opening. The bridge had been closed to vehicular traffic for one day to mark the occasion. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Break It Off - Rihanna
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?