Tuesday 18 March 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramzor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Domino Master or Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 March 2008 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 March
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes 420 points higher than the previous day.
- The US Federal Reserve cuts the interest rate by a further 0.75, down to 2.25 percent.
- In an address to the Israeli Knesset, German Chancellor Angela Merkel says ampquotGermany will always stand by the Jewish state.ampquot (Reuters)
- The United States Federal Reserve System cuts the federal funds rate by 75 basis points to 2.25%. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- The United States embassy in Yemen is closed after three mortar shells detonate near the embassy compound. Two people are killed in the attack. (AFP via Google News)
- The Organization of American States condemns Colombia's recent raid into Ecuador's territory as ampquota clear violation of the OAS charter.ampquot (VOA)
- Police in Manipur, India claim a rebel group has killed seven migrant workers. (BBC News)
- 2008 National People's Congress: At the concluding press conference, Premier of the People's Republic of China Wen Jiabao asserts the Chinese government exercised restraint in suppressing the 2008 unrest in Tibet. Wen also accused the Dalai Lama of inciting the protests. (AP via Google News)
- Canada and Japan recognize Kosovo's independence. (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)
- French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner says the EU should consider punishing China's crackdown in Tibet with a boycott of the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing. (International Herald Tribune)
- The Netherlands sets a new world record in the 400-metres relay at the European swimming championships in Eindhoven. (Associated Press)
- Sweden’s Supreme Court rules in favor of late film director Vilgot Sjöman who had sued a TV channel for copyright infringement after it ran three commercial breaks during the director's film. (SR International)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?