Wednesday 18 March 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
I Love You, Man, directed by John Hamburg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anipang or Lego Rock Band.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 March 2009 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 March
- The US Federal Reserve, for the first time since the 1960s, announces it will buy up to US$300 billion of government Treasury bonds. The Federal Reserve also announces it will expand an existing program to buy debt and securities to US$1.45 trillion.
- China's Ministry of Commerce rejects Coca-Cola's bid to acquire the Huiyuan Juice Group. (Xinhua News)
- Josef Fritzl of Austria changes his plea to guilty on all charges. (BBC)
- The Office for National Statistics reports that 2.04 million people in the United Kingdom are unemployed. (Sky News)
- Pope Benedict XVI denounces the use of condoms to prevent HIV/AIDS during a tour of Africa. (RTÉ)
- Twelve people are discovered dead in police custody in Nampula Province, Mozambique. (BBC)
- Madagascar's constitutional court supports the installation of Andry Rajoelina as President. (BBC)
- Governor Bill Richardson signs House Bill 285, repealing capital punishment in New Mexico. (ABQ Journal)
- Federal Reserve System Chairman Ben Bernanke caps United States Treasury Department yields. (Bloomberg)
- Somali pirates hijack an Iranian fishing vessel in the Gulf of Aden. (Horseed)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 March 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?