Sunday 18 May 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1930 ?
- Don Lind: American astronaut and physics professor who served as a mission specialist on the Challenger during the first operational mission of Spacelab from 4/29 to 5/06/1985.
- Barbara Goldsmith in New Rochelle: New York, USA; author (Little Gloria Happy At Last).
- Fred[erick Thomas] Saberhagen: United States -- Sci-fi author (Book of Swords).
- Don Leslie Lind in Midvale: Utah, USA; astronaut (STS 51-B).
- Geoffrey Littler: CEO (County NatWest Group).
- Warren B Rudman American politician (Senator-Republican-New Hampshire: 1980-).
- Warren Rudman: American soldier lawyer and politician (d. 2012)
- Fred Saberhagen: American soldier and author (d. 2007)
- Joao Marcellino Arroyo: Composer, dies at 68.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?