Monday 18 May 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
It Came from Outer Space, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1953 ?
- Helen Chadwick: Artist.
- [Feliciano] Butch: Tavares; rocker (Tavares).
- Alan Kupperberg: American author and illustrator (d. 2015).
- 1st woman to break sound barrier (Jacqueline Cochrane, USA)
- Jacqueline Cochran is 1st woman to break the sound barrier
- At Rogers Dry Lake, Californian Jackie Cochran becomes the first woman to break the sound barrier (in a F-86 Sabrejet at an average speed of 652.337 miles-per-hour).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?