Sunday 18 May 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Donaldson and Toyah Wilcox in Birmingham.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Indiscreet, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jefferson Drum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1958 ?
- Ray Donaldson: NFL center (Dallas Cowboys).
- Toyah Wilcox in Birmingham: England; rocker ("I Want to Be Free").
- Toyah Willcox: British rock musician and actress.
- Rubén Romano: Argentinian-Mexican footballer and coach.
- Jacob Fichman: Romanian-Israeli poet and critic (d. 1958).
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA Peach Blossom Golf Open.
- An F-104 Starfighter sets a world speed record of 1,404.19 mph (2,259.82 km/h).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Champs - Tequila
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?