Saturday 18 May 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Pickpocket, directed by Robert Bresson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1963 ?
- Marty McSorley in Hamilton: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers).
- Marty McSorley: Canadian ice hockey player coach and actor.
- Sam Vincent: American basketball player and coach.
- Ernie Davis: American football player (Born 1939).
- Beast in Me closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 4 performances
- If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul hits #1
- 89th Preakness: Bill Shoemaker aboard Candy Spots wins in 1:56.2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- The Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?