Tuesday 18 May 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ticket To Ride by The Beatles.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1965 ?
- Erik Hanson: American pro baseball pitcher who has played in the American League for nine years and the National League for one year as of 1998.
- Ingo Schwichtenberg: German drummer (Helloween) (d. 1995).
- Erik Hanson in Kinnelon: New Jersey, USA; pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Eduard J Dijksterhuis: mathematician (Archimedes), dies at age 72.
- Gene Roddenberry suggests 16 names including Kirk for Star Trek Captain
- WTAF TV channel 29 in Philadelphia, PA (IND) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- The Righteous Brothers - Just Once In My Life
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?