Saturday 18 May 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1968 ?
- Todd Copeland: American hockey player signed to the NHL, but only played one game with the league.
- Ernie Logan NFL defensive end (Jacksonville Jaguars: New York Jets).
- Ralf Kelleners: German race car driver.
- Sergei Martynov: Belarusian target shooter.
- Al Kaline hits his 307th homerun, surpassing Hank Greenberg as a Detroit Tiger.
- Frank Howard ties American League record with homerun in his sixth consecutive game; his ten homeruns are the most in six games.
- 94th Preakness: Ismael Valenzuela aboard Forward Pass wins in 1:56.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- The Troggs - Love Is All Around
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?