Monday 18 May 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1970 ?
- Tim Horan: Australian rugby player and sportscaster.
- Billy Howerdel: American guitarist songwriter and producer (A Perfect Circle and Ashes Divide).
- Vicky Sunohara: Ice hockey forward (Canada, Olympics - 1998).
- Tina Fey: American actress, comedian, writer and producer, known for her work on the NBC sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (SNL, 1997–2006), the critically acclaimed NBC comedy series 30 Rock (2006–2013), and such films as Mean Girls (2004), Baby Mama (2008),Date Night (2010), and Admission (2013).
- Clemens Zwijnenberg: soccer player (FC Twente).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?