Tuesday 18 May 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Coleman and Karen Bye.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Escape from the Planet of the Apes, directed by Don Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1971 ?
- Ben Coleman: Guard / offensive tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Karen Bye: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Clifton Sunada in Honolulu: Hawaii, USA; extra-lightweight judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Daniel Gowing: in Germany; New Zealand judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Lael Perlstrom in Laguna Beach: California, USA; WPVA volleyball player (US Open-25-1995).
- Rich Garces in Maracay: Aragua, Venezuela; pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Desiree Horton: American helicopter pilot/television reporter
- Craig Hentrich: American football player who debuted with the National Football League during the 1993 season. His abilities as a punter resulted in his first Pro Bowl berth and All-Pro Honors in 1998 while a member of the Green Bay Packers.
- Brad Friedel: Soccer Player
- Adamari Lopez: TV Actress
- Mark Menzies: Scottish politician
- Nobuteru Taniguchi: Japanese race car driver
- Aleksandr Gennadievich Kurosh: Russian mathematician (Born 1908).
- President Nixon rejects 60 demands of Congressional Black Caucus
- Vampire rapist Wayne Bodens last victim found
- 4th ABA Championship: Utah Stars beat Kentucky Colonels, 4 games to 3.
- Bulgarian constitution goes into effect.
- US President Richard Nixon rejects the 60 demands of Congressional Black Caucus.
- The U.S. Congress formally votes to end funding for the American Supersonic Transport program.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Bread - If
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?