Sunday 18 May 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Higgins and Jack Johnson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette was in the top 5 hits.
The Wind and the Lion, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Looking for Clancy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 800 or Jet Fighter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1975!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1975 ?
- John Higgins: Scottish snooker player known as "the Wizard of Wishaw" who became the new Embassy World Snooker Champion on Sunday night 5/03/1998.
- Jack Johnson: American musician.
- Leroy Anderson: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
- Ace - How Long
- Paul Anka - I Don't Like To Sleep Alone
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?