Sunday 18 May 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette was in the top 5 hits.
The Wind and the Lion, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1975!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1975 ?
- Jack Johnson: American musician.
- John Higgins: Scottish snooker player known as "the Wizard of Wishaw" who became the new Embassy World Snooker Champion on Sunday night 5/03/1998.
- Leroy Anderson: American composer and conductor (d. 1975).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
- Ace - How Long
- Paul Anka - I Don't Like To Sleep Alone
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?