Saturday 18 May 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Mission: Impossible, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1996 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 May
- Simon Weinstock: businessman/racehorse owner, dies at age 44.
- WIBC Bowling Queens won by Lisa Wagner.
- 122nd Preakness: Pat Day aboard Louis Quatorze wins in 1:53.2.
- The X Prize Foundation launches the $10 million Ansari X Prize, which is won in 2004, by Burt Rutan's SpaceShipOne.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- SWV - You're The One
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?