Saturday 18 November 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Somoza Debayle and Marjorie Gestring.
Down to the Sea in Ships, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1922 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Luis Somoza Debayle: 70th President of Nicaragua (d. 1967).
- Marjorie Gestring: United States -- Springboard diver (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Viktor Afanasiev: Editor (Pravda).
- Luis Debayle: Nicaraguan politician 70th President of Nicaragua (d. 1967).
- Marcel Proust: French writer classified as one of the greatest French novelists of the 1900's.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Three O'clock in the Morning
- Georgette - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?