Tuesday 18 November 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Mackenzie Stuart and Jacques Ertaud.
Isn't Life Wonderful, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1924 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Alexander Mackenzie Stuart: Scottish jurist (d. 2000).
- Jacques Ertaud: French film maker, one of the most famous and prolific TV directors.
- Alexander Stuart: Scottish jurist, the Queen's Counsel 1963 and later, a High Court Judge.
- Les Lye: Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2009).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charley, My Boy - Eddie Cantor
- Deep in My Heart - Franklyn Baur
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?